Blanche Brook Trail in Stephenville takes you to an area with petrified forest fossils.
In November 1944 a four engine American C-54 en route to Stephenville’s Harmon Field, crashed on the Port au Port peninsula.
Cape St. George & Boutte du Cap are at the western tip of the Port-au-Port Peninsula.
The Erin Mountain Trail is within the Barachois Pond Provincial Park.
Alpacas of Newfoundland farm and gift store is in Felix Cove.
The Gravels is the name of the narrow isthmus that joins the Port-au-Port Peninsula to the main land mass of Newfoundland. It’s also the starting point of a great trail.
Port-au-Port has been historically a French area, so Mainland is also known as La Grand’Terre.
Our Lady of Mercy Church is the largest wooden building in Newfoundland.
The Folded Rocks are in Piccadilly.
The 161 km drive around the peninsula is also called the French Ancestor’s Route.
The Hidden Falls are in Sheaves Cove.
Winter Houses (Maison d’ Hiver) is right next to Black Duck Brook (L’Anse a Canards).